Thru-hike Update, October 2015

I have ordered my sleeping bag, and received my sleeping pad, and Cheyenne’s dog bed!

Also, I am considering waiting a year.  I didn’t get to do any camping, or difficult hikes over the summer.  My puppy is still young, I can’t start backpack training her until she’s a year old, and I don’t know how big she is going to be, so I can’t purchase the correct size backpack.

I’m going to set dates for camping, hiking, and backpacking trips to do next year.  Instead of starting the whole trail maybe I’ll do the 100 Mile Wilderness on my departure date.

My biggest fear with putting it off a year is if I put it off one year what is stopping me from putting it off another year?  Then another?  This is my biggest concern with waiting.  My biggest concern with not waiting is that I won’t finish it.

This decision is not 100% final, but it is most likely.  I will, of course, continue blogging and preparing for other adventures!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s